Thank you for offering one or more of my favorite ships! I can't wait to see what you come up with. Feel free to use one of my prompts, take only part of a prompt, repurpose a prompt from one canon to fit another, work off any of my Likes, or ignore the prompts and follow your own inspiration.
If you’d like clarification on anything, I’m happy to answer any questions sent via the mods.
- 0. General Preferences
- 1. Bungou Stray Dogs
- 2. Final Fantasy XV
- 3. Naruto
- 4. Togainu no Chi (Visual Novel)
On Genres: I'm seeing the genre tags as a very general indication of my preferences and the vibe of fic I'd like. Feel free to blend genres, or use the tags just as another category of optional "Likes." I picked the genre tags I especially like per fandom to officially request, but in general, here are my thoughts on the genres I'm most interested in:
- Angst: Go deep, dark, and painful! I do prefer at least ambiguous endings, not completely hopeless.
- AU - Canon Divergence: I prefer diverging during canon, not pre-canon divergence. (so, "What if Dazai went back to the mafia," but not, "What if Dazai never left the mafia")
- Canon Style Plot: Missions, fetch quests, hunts, assassination attempts, training arcs -- I like these when they're newly invented, but I also like "canon quest except they fuck," especially for video game fandoms like FFXV.
- Character Development: This is something I'm mostly interested in mixed into other genres. I really enjoy fic that acknowledges how characters have changed since the start of canon, and how they change in relation to each other.
- Darkfic: I only officially requested this for TnC, but would also be very down with it for Ardyn/Noct, Ravus/Noct, and Ardyn/Ravus/Noct. In other ships, dark elements are still welcome.
- Fix-it fic: I like fic that makes my faves not dead, lol.
- Getting Together: No special notes, I just really like get together fic.
- Hurt/Comfort: I'm into injured, battered, exhausted, emotionally drained, traumatized, starving, drugged sorts of H/C. Not sickfic/the common cold as much.
- Interpersonal Drama: I love conflict between characters, especially as a prelude to/complication while getting together. I like problems that can get worked through but not completely erased.
- Smut: PWP and scenes within or concluding plottier works are both excellent. If you're inclined, a fic with more than one sex scene would thrill me.
Like I said, those are my favorite genres in general! But unless a genre inherently violates one of my DNWs (for example: AU - Modern), you're welcome to blend it in or draw from it.
As for other general preferences... Length-wise, go wherever the story takes you! I'll be just as delighted with something in the eponymous 5k range as with something more in the marathon range. Past and present tense are both cool too. I'd be super into interactive fiction if you want to go there.
More than anything else, I’m a hurt/comfort junkie. Emotional and physical h/c are both catnip to me, whether it's the focus of the fic or just touches of it in worked in. I also tend to like emotionally tense get-together fics and/or complicated hook-ups rather than pure domestic fluff or established relationships. The tension can be due to dynamics between the characters, external forces, or both. (Depending on the ship, love and tenderness are A++! Picking out curtains and crying through a proposal, though, are not my thing.)
Smut-wise, I’m on-board for anal, oral, frottage, handjobs, only one person getting off. For on-screen anal, I do prefer that my faves bottom. (Faves would be Chuuya, Noctis, Gaara, and Rin.)(For my non-Chuuya BSD ships, I also kinda prefer Dazai on top. I don't usually have a toppy bicycle, so this is new for me!!)
- Age differences
- Bondage, blindfolds
- Brave, silent suffering until another character realizes something’s wrong
- Canon divergence AUs
- Cum inflation
- Dubcon, manipulation, complicated feelings
- Emotional and/or physical hurt/comfort
- Hand-holding, casual touches, tenderness
- Happy or ambiguous endings
- Huddling for warmth, locked in a closet, enforced proximity scenarios
- Insomnia, nightmares
- Loyalty and protectiveness
- Omegaverse (especially claiming, heats, and knotting. Slick's fine as long as it isn't excessive/soaking through clothing.)
- Overworking, intentional or accidental undereating, self-care failures due to stress
- Praise kink
- Rough sex, hair-pulling, bite-marks, bruises, breath play, spanking
- Sex pollen, fuck or die, desperation scenarios
- Size kink – both the size difference and the massive dick kind
Do Not Want
- Animal harm/death
- Extreme underage (15+ is fine)
- First or second person POV
- Infidelity, main ships breaking up*
- Main character death, graphic gore, permanent maiming/incapacitation**
- Main ships with OCs (side character OCs are fine!)
- Pregnancy, requested characters as parents
- Scat, watersports, emetophilia, rimming, sounding
- Setting-change AUs, role-reversal AUs, gender identity AUs
*Infidelity Exception: If relevant, Noctis can still be technically betrothed to Luna -- just treat it more as a political thing, or don't mention it.
**Maiming/Death Exceptions: Rin can lose his leg like in canon. Gaara can have died and come back like in canon.
Angst ◦ Getting Together ◦ Hurt/Comfort
Interpersonal Drama ◦ Smut
- Akutagawa Ryuunosuke/Nakajima Atsushi
- Akutagawa Ryuunosuke/Dazai Osamu/Nakajima Atsushi
- Akutagawa Ryuunosuke/Nakajima Atsushi
- Dazai Osamu/Nakahara Chuuya
- Dazai Osamu/Nakajima Atsushi
The character designs are what first drew me in, but the humor and complicated relationships and insane slash potential kept me hooked.
Chuuya's so much fun for me. I like fic that keeps his edge, even when indulging in the fantastic whump potential of Corruption. I like him and Dazai being assholes to each other, but coming through when it really, really counts. I'm also a sucker for ridiculous!drunk!Chuuya.
Dazai's this fascinating mix between childish and jaded; he's a great strategist and a terrible mentor. I can see him hooking up or getting into a relationship because he thinks he can use it to his advantage, and then accidentally falling for real.
I like the vulnerability beneath Akutagawa's violence -- he's terrible at hiding his desperation to please, and he doesn't cope well with people who can match his power. His moments of restraint become significant.
Atsushi <3 In some ways he's a bit of an inverse of Akutagawa -- strength hiding beneath insecurity. I love his determination and conviction, but his anxiety's also still a big obstacle.
Note: I'm caught up with the anime. As of Feb. 15, I've read through chapter 37 of the manga, but I'll definitely be caught up by reveals :)
- Prompt 1: Any pair getting trapped in one of Poe's books! Accidentally or by design. The genre's up to you -- mystery, fairy tale, historical fiction, romance, erotica... Basically, it's an in-canon excuse for an AU, which works for me in a way a lot of pure AUs don't.
- Prompt 2: Any of these ships would work great/terribly locked in a closet or trapped in a cabin in a snowstorm. Maybe one or both is also injured, for bonus H/C. Feel free to mix and match bickering, resentment, snark, tender care-taking, hatesex, cuddling for warmth, blatant seduction, sex pollen, or painful confessions, as appropriate for the ship or your own sensibilities.
- Prompt 3: Chuuya in a dress for whatever reason and being Extremely Grumpy about it is really appealing to me. Even if it kind of secretly turns him on, he'd never admit it, especially with Dazai teasing him. Maybe he has to dress up for a *handwave* mission, or he lost a bet...
- Prompt 4: Bondage, maybe? ;) Seriously any pairing, consensual or dubcon or noncon, before or after Dazai leaves the mafia. Using Rashoumon for bondage is A++, or bandages, but classic manacles are great too, as are collars... the power dynamics get pretty interesting with all of these ships.
- Prompt 5: Dazai's completely moved on from the mafia, and he definitely doesn't want anything to do with Chuuya. But when he hears Chuuya has a new partner -- that's not acceptable.
Angst ◦ AU - Canon Divergence ◦ Canon Style Plot
Getting Together ◦ Hurt/Comfort
Interpersonal Drama ◦ Smut
- Gladiolus Amicitia/Noctis Lucis Caelum
- Ignis/Noctis Lucis Caelum
- Ardyn Izunia/Noctis Lucis Caelum
- Ravus Nox Fleuret/Noctis Lucis Caelum
- Ardyn Izunia/Ravus Nox Fleuret/Noctis Lucis Caelum
I don't know if I've ever been so simultaneously thrilled and shattered by a canon. Hopefully you're on board for Noctis Lives AUs, or things set mid-game that wouldn't contradict a Noctis Lives AU, because :( I'm also not really a fan of 10-year time skips in general, and it didn't work for me here. Again, mid-game stuff works! Or if you're able to eliminate or reduce the time skip to one year, that would be fantastic.
Overall, I'm down for a broad range of relationship dynamics. Depending on the time and place, I can see Ardyn and Ravus as more sympathetic or very much not sympathetic, more helpful or more harmful -- depending on how their personal agendas happen to interact with Noct's welfare that day. Gladio's good for fantastic protective loyalty kink and lashing out with stress and frustration. Ignis's weary mentor/guardian thing is great, and he can be snarky but also insightful when needed.
And then Noct <3 He struggles so much with just about everything, and I'm personally offended nobody hugged him in-game. He had so much to grieve for, and so little time and space to recover, and he cared so much about people. All the manhandling was great, though, whether protective or angry or bad-touch...
If you would like to include my chocobo OC, that would utterly delight me. Noct has a white chocobo named Nebula, which is google translate Latin for "Cloud."
Note: Noctis shouldn't die. For Ardyn/Noct, Ravus/Noct, or Ardyn/Ravus/Noct, Ardyn and Ravus shouldn't die either.
Chocobro Ship Prompts
- Prompt 1: Split the plot goals more equitably. Luna's off taking care of waking the gods and stuff; Noct's job is just to collect his ancestor's weapons and then take care of the Niflheim invasion from a more tactical/military perspective.
- Prompt 2: There are two great "huddling for warmth" opportunities that stuck out to me! The first was the "sword in the waterfall" quest, in the super cold cave system. The second was on the train later in the game, before or after they encounter the Glacian.
- Prompt 3: After Gladio returns to the party, there's a line about him "making it up to Noctis in there." Fic about him making it up to Noct sexually, or emotionally reassuring him he'll always be there.
- Prompt 4: Noct has a nightmare. H/C or more hurt ensues.
- Prompt 5: Romantic date night in Altissia! Could be something surprisingly tender with Gladio or Ignis, or they fuck in a gondola, or things get a lil wild at the Moogle Chocobo Carnival. ("if I beat you at Chocobo racing you have to do whatever I say tonight" y/y??)
- Prompt 6: After Ignis goes blind, he and Noct get reacquainted through touch. Or, after Luna dies and Ignis goes blind, Gladio and Noctis try working out their scared-hurt-angry feelings through training. Or, at a less fraught point of canon, sparring gets heated anyway.
- Prompt 7: Noct and Ignis or Noct and Gladio get separated from the other chocobros out in the wilderness (without phones? idk), and have to trek across the countryside to get to civilization (and phones) in order to reunite.
Enemies to ???? Ship Prompts
- Prompt 1: If Noct asks to ride along with Ardyn, Ardyn answers, "You might find the cab fare to be more than you bargained for." So, I'd love fic or art of Ardyn letting Noct ride along after all, and collecting that cab fare.
- Prompt 2: What happens during the "several days later" at the start of chapter 5, when Ardyn has rescued them from Titan?
- Prompt 3: Noct has a nightmare. H/C or more hurt ensues.
- Prompt 4: Romantic date night in Altissia! Ardyn dubcon wines and dines Noctis -- or Ravus takes the opportunity to "negotiate" with Noctis... Or both. Both is good.
- Prompt 5: Canon divergence -- either from the signing of the treaty or another point -- Noct ends up as an honored guest/hostage at Niflheim's court. Cue decadent banquets, unwanted attention, and giving in to distraction. Ardyn being his creepy self. For something less noncon/dubcon, Ravus and Noct could find some commonality in both being under Niflheim's thumb. (Or Ravus can just take out his own frustrations on Noct as a safe target too. I'm flexible.)
- Prompt 6: Oh no, Luna's gone missing. Noctis will just have to marry Ravus instead.
- Prompt 7: Ardyn decides he wants to rule the world, but he doesn't want to rule alone. Ardyn/Noct or Ardyn/Ravus/Noct all work very well here.
- Prompt 8: Instead of being in the crystal or whatever for ten years, Noctis is held captive by Ardyn for one year.
Angst ◦ Canon Style Plot ◦ Getting Together
Hurt/Comfort ◦ Interpersonal Drama ◦ Smut
So apparently I didn't skip my Naruto phase. I just delayed it. We can blame the Crunchyroll free trial I forgot to cancel. I had to make the most of my accidental subcription somehow.
The melodrama and tragedy and humor and character designs and child soldiers and intense weird relationships of various flavors and 500 onsen episodes all really work for me. Looking at my requests, you may be able to discern my favorite character.
I adore him, murderously poor coping skills and all. I like fic that taps into vulnerabilities without handwaving the whole ruthless child murderer backstory thing. Explore how far he's grown emotionally, and how far he still has to go.
With Naruto, I love how deeply invested they are in each other. The saving-Gaara arc was extremely good to me. (I wonder if anyone told Gaara how much Naruto cried over him?) As of the point I've gotten to, they've mostly only seen each other in very high-stakes situations -- it would be interesting to how they interact in more casual scenarios. Getting to know each other, etc.
I also started hardcore shipping Kankurou with Gaara during the saving-Gaara arc. He was just so intense about going after him -- and standing up for him when the rest of the council didn't want to rescue him. I liked the bits we got about Kankurou clearing out potential threats when Gaara became Kazekage. He and Temari both became Gaara's staunchest supporters, after being basically on "try not to let him murder people" duty when we first met them. I want to see that reliance and affection taken to the next level.
I'll confess that Kakashi/Gaara started as "well, I fucking love Gaara, and I fucking love Kakashi, so..." But I am seriously down for however you want to take this. They could work surprisingly well together, or be a total trainwreck. They've both got violent, lonely pasts, and various flavors of daddy issues. I'm very interested in them having to work together professionally, and taking things from there.
Note: I will have gotten through at least Shippuden episode 175 by reveals, because my friend told me I should :) And don't kill me, but I'd prefer no spoilers for future events. Incorporating information about backstories that's revealed later in the anime/manga is fine, but not "what happens next in the narrative present." I hope that makes sense.
- Prompt 1: Someone is trying to assassinate Gaara! So the assassins must be stopped. And Gaara has to be protected, even though he'd rather just deal with them on his own -- people are sensitive about that after he's already been kidnapped and murdered once. Feel free to take this into political intrigue or action, or just focus on the iddy hurt/comfort and bodyguarding elements. (Or all of it. All of it is good.)
- Prompt 2: Anything dealing with Gaara adjusting to life post-Shukaku would make me very, very happy. Figuring out what elements of him were the demon's influence, and what was him all along. Any physical differences in stamina or sensation. Actually sleeping. Dealing with feelings and connections when he's used to isolation.
- Prompt 3: Any sex pollen/aphrodisiac scenario you can think of, I'm there. Enemy jutsu has everyone horny? Someone spiked the punch at the diplomatic banquet? Gaara has a collection of succulents and one of them has Special Properties? The wildlife just gets weird sometimes? Bonus points if Gaara loses his virginity in the most overwhelming way possible.
Angst ◦ AU - Canon Divergence ◦ Darkfic
Getting Together ◦ Hurt/Comfort
Interpersonal Drama ◦ Smut
Everyone in Togainu no Chi is driven by their obsessions; Shiki’s obsessed with killing Nano, and Rin’s obsessed with killing Shiki. I’m interested in exploring how the brothers relate to each other in conflicting and reflecting ways.
If they were somehow forced to work together after the game, I think they could perhaps find an uneasy ceasefire. They share a lot of experiences and they’re both frighteningly competent; they can see the value in each other’s skills even if they want each other dead.
Note: Rin’s age is vague enough that I don’t want any smut set pre-game.
Canon Acquisition Note: I used this resource post to download the game. (fair warning, the post is from 2014, so I'm unsure whether those tutorials work for newer systems. But it should be a good starting point.) If you're into super grimdark kinky BL visual novels, this might be your cup of tea -- and feel free to reach out if you want content warnings about anything :) This goes for anyone interested, whether or not you're considering writing it.
- Prompt 1: With Akira away with one of the other LIs, and Toshima crumbling on the brink of war, Rin and Shiki realize they’re both too injured/weak/lost/whatever to escape on their own. They have no choice but to work together if they want to survive.
- Prompt 2: Alternate version of Shiki’s bad endings where he doesn’t kill Rin mid-game – and instead, Rin ends up taking Akira’s role. I’m very interested in both Bad End 1 (Shiki is an insane, tyrannical drug lord and Rin is his slutty sex slave) or Bad End 2 (Shiki is a slightly less insane military tyrant and Rin is his devoted second in command).
- Prompt 3: Shiki decides that instead of avoiding Rin, the best way to fuck with him is to actually fuck him. Rin decides he may as well let himself be seduced – he wants Shiki’s attention, after all, and what better way to discover his brother’s vulnerabilities? Cue the rough and dirty Igura-era mutual manipulation sex.