Thank you for offering one or more of my favorite ships! I can't wait to see what you come up with. Feel free to use one of my prompts, take only part of a prompt, repurpose a prompt from one canon to fit another, work off any of my Likes, or ignore the prompts and follow your own inspiration. I'm in this for fic about my faves -- the prompts are there to help if you want them!
If you’d like clarification on anything, I’m happy to answer any questions sent via the mod.
- 0. General Preferences
- 1. Bungou Stray Dogs
- 2. Death Note
- 3. Final Fantasy XV
- 4. Loveless
- 5. Mystic Messenger
- 6. Naruto
- 7. Togainu no Chi
Length-wise, go wherever the story takes you! I'm seriously good with anything. Past and present tense are both cool too. I'd be super into interactive fiction if you want to go there.
More than anything else, I’m a hurt/comfort junkie. Emotional and physical h/c are both catnip to me, whether it's the focus of the fic or just touches of it in worked in. I also tend to like emotionally tense get-together fics and/or complicated hook-ups rather than pure domestic fluff or established relationships. The tension can be due to dynamics between the characters, external forces, or both. (Depending on the ship, love and tenderness are A++! Picking out curtains and crying through a proposal, though, are not my thing.)
Smut-wise, I’m on-board for anal, oral, frottage, handjobs, only one person getting off. For on-screen anal, I prefer that my faves bottom. (Faves would be Akutagawa, Atsushi, Mello, Noctis, Ritsuka, Gaara, Seven, Saeran, and Rin.) (I'm good either way for AkuAtsu and Choicest! :D) My Smut Swap letter is still relevant, and includes a lot of these ships.
- Age differences
- Bondage, blindfolds
- Brave, silent suffering until another character realizes something’s wrong
- Canon divergence AUs
- Cum inflation
- Dubcon, manipulation, complicated feelings
- Emotional and/or physical hurt/comfort
- Hand-holding, casual touches, tenderness
- Happy or ambiguous endings
- Huddling for warmth, locked in a closet, enforced proximity scenarios
- Insomnia, nightmares
- Loyalty and protectiveness
- Omegaverse (especially claiming, heats, and knotting. Slick's fine as long as it isn't excessive/soaking through clothing.)
- Overworking, intentional or accidental undereating, self-care failures due to stress
- Praise kink
- Rough sex, hair-pulling, bite-marks, bruises, breath play, spanking
- Sex pollen, fuck or die, desperation scenarios
- Size kink – both the size difference and the massive dick kind
- Somnophilia - all consent levels, waking up or not are both fine
Do Not Want
- Animal harm/death
- Extreme underage (14+ is fine)
- First or second person POV
- Infidelity, main ships breaking up*
- Main character death, graphic gore, permanent maiming/incapacitation
- Pregnancy, requested characters as parents
- Scat, watersports, emetophilia, rimming, sounding
- Setting-change AUs, role-reversal AUs, gender identity AUs
*Infidelity Exception: If relevant, Noctis can still be technically betrothed to Luna -- just treat it more as a political thing, or don't mention it.
- Akutagawa Ryuunosuke/Nakajima Atsushi
- Akutagawa Ryuunosuke/Dazai Osamu/Nakajima Atsushi
- Akutagawa Ryuunosuke/Dazai Osamu
- Dazai Osamu/Nakajima Atsushi
The character designs are what first drew me in, but the humor and complicated relationships and insane slash potential kept me hooked. I enjoy both lighter and darker takes on all my requested ships.
I like the vulnerability beneath Akutagawa's violence -- he's terrible at hiding his desperation to please, and he doesn't cope well with people who can match his power. His moments of restraint become significant.
Atsushi <3 In some ways he's a bit of an inverse of Akutagawa -- strength hiding beneath insecurity. I love his determination and conviction, but his anxiety's also still a big obstacle.
And Dazai's this fascinating mix between childish and jaded; he's a great strategist and a terrible mentor. I can see him hooking up or getting into a relationship because he thinks he can use it to his advantage, and then accidentally falling for real.
Note: I'm caught up with the anime and the manga :)
- Prompt 1: Any pair getting trapped in one of Poe's books! Accidentally or by design. The genre's up to you -- mystery, fairy tale, historical fiction, romance, erotica... Basically, it's an in-canon excuse for an AU, which works for me in a way a lot of pure AUs don't.
- Prompt 2: Any of these ships would work great/terribly locked in a closet or trapped in a cabin in a snowstorm. Maybe one or both is also injured, for bonus H/C. Feel free to mix and match bickering, resentment, snark, tender care-taking, hatesex, cuddling for warmth, blatant seduction, sex pollen, or painful confessions, as appropriate for the ship or your own sensibilities.
- Prompt 3: Bondage, maybe? ;) Seriously any pairing, consensual or dubcon or noncon, before or after Dazai leaves the mafia. Using Rashoumon for bondage is A++, or bandages, but classic manacles are great too, as are collars... the power dynamics get pretty interesting with all of these ships.
- L/Mello /Yagami Light
- Mello /Yagami Light
I love L's intensity and the contrast between his dazzling intellect and his slovenly appearance. He’s an incredibly skilled investigator, yet sits curled up like a child and is probably extremely malnourished from the candy diet. I like seeing him get tangled up in his cases and racing to keep ahead in the manipulation game – particularly moments where he’s not quite sure he’s really ahead.
Mello’s got a large, intense personality, but there’s still a lot of room for character exploration between the surface notes. He plays the same game as L, but he’s not quite as adept and he hides insecurity behind anger or indifference. I’m interested in his interactions with other characters during the narrative present rather than his school days.
And Light -- possibly my favorite part about him is that he thinks he's doing the right thing. I'd love to see that explored, even as he continues the whole evil god complex. I'd rather the narrative not justify his actions, though.
Note: For each ship, I'd like a canon divergent AU where the characters in that ship don't die :D But for Light/Mello, it's definitely okay if L died -- I'm actually very into them navigating the post-L reality.
- Prompt 1: Mello or L gets captured by *insert bad guys here* and held hostage. He’s been beaten, interrogated, half-starved, possibly molested for weeks before he’s finally rescued or escapes. The other half of the ship takes charge of nursing him back to health, with varying levels of altruism in their intentions…
- Prompt 2: Let’s play dress-up with Mello! Maybe Mello has to dress as a girl for *hand wave* infiltration reasons, maybe his partner (boyfriend, or just partner for the night) just really wants him trussed up in a corset and stockings.
- Prompt 3: Mello survives, but Light still wins. He holds Mello captive, to use as he pleases. He might even think this is love.
- Prompt 4: Mello and L survive, but Light still wins. Now Mello and L are in hiding together, trying to fight back or just stay alive. Or maybe one of them is under Light's control, and the other's trying to secure his release...
- Prompt 5: I'd love fic that incorporates L's sweet tooth without getting too cracky. Maybe some introspective licking of chocolate syrup from someone's belly; maybe working out his frenetic daily schedule so he has time to hit the convenience store for lollipops between meetings; maybe he ran out of candy and is starting to crash hard when shit-talking Mello saves the day.
- Prompt 6: After L dies, Mello starts unconsciously using Light as a substitute for him. An ally, a rival, an obsession. Maybe Light is using Mello for the same reasons.
- Gladiolus Amicitia/Noctis Lucis Caelum
- Ravus Nox Fleuret/Noctis Lucis Caelum
- Ardyn Izunia/Ravus Nox Fleuret/Noctis Lucis Caelum
I don't know if I've ever been so simultaneously thrilled and shattered by a canon. Hopefully you're on board for Noctis Lives AUs, or things set mid-game that wouldn't contradict a Noctis Lives AU, because :( I'm also not really a fan of 10-year time skips in general, and it didn't work for me here. Again, mid-game stuff works! Or if you're able to eliminate or reduce the time skip to one year, that would be fantastic.
Overall, I'm down for a broad range of relationship dynamics. Depending on the time and place, I can see Ardyn and Ravus as more sympathetic or very much not sympathetic, more helpful or more harmful -- depending on how their personal agendas happen to interact with Noct's welfare that day. Gladio's good for fantastic protective loyalty kink and lashing out with stress and frustration. Also, just. Size difference kink, all over the place.
And then Noct <3 He struggles so much with just about everything, and I'm personally offended nobody hugged him in-game. He had so much to grieve for, and so little time and space to recover, and he cared so much about people. All the manhandling was great, though, whether protective or angry or bad-touch...
If you would like to include my chocobo OC, that would utterly delight me. Noct has a white chocobo, and her name is Nebula, which is google translate Latin for "Cloud."
Note: Noctis shouldn't die. For Ravus/Noct or Ardyn/Ravus/Noct, Ravus and Ardyn shouldn't die either.
- Prompt 1: Split the plot goals more equitably. Luna's off taking care of waking the gods and stuff; Noct's job is just to collect his ancestor's weapons and then take care of the Niflheim invasion from a more tactical/military perspective.
- Prompt 2: There are two great "huddling for warmth" opportunities that stuck out to me for Gladio/Noct! The first was the "sword in the waterfall" quest, in the super cold cave system. The second was on the train later in the game, before or after they encounter the Glacian.
- Prompt 3: Noct has a nightmare. H/C or more hurt ensues.
- Prompt 4: Romantic date night in Altissia! Could be something surprisingly tender with Gladio, or they fuck in a gondola, or things get a lil wild at the Moogle Chocobo Carnival. ("if I beat you at Chocobo racing you have to do whatever I say tonight" y/y??) Or Ravus takes the opportunity to "negotiate" with Noctis. Ardyn can come along too if he wants.
- Prompt 5: Noct and Gladio get separated from the other chocobros out in the wilderness (without phones? idk), and have to trek across the countryside to get to civilization (and phones) in order to reunite.
- Prompt 6: Canon divergence -- either from the signing of the treaty or another point -- Noct ends up as an honored guest/hostage at Niflheim's court. Cue decadent banquets, unwanted attention, and giving in to distraction. Ardyn being his creepy self. For something less noncon/dubcon, Ravus and Noct could find some commonality in both being under Niflheim's thumb. (Or Ravus can just take out his own frustrations on Noct as a safe target too. I'm flexible.)
- Prompt 7: Oh no, Luna's gone missing. Noctis will just have to marry Ravus instead.
- Prompt 8: Ardyn decides he wants to rule the world, but he doesn't want to rule alone.
- Aoyagi Ritsuka/Aoyagi Seimei
- Agatsuma Soubi/Aoyagi Ritsuka
- Agatsuma Soubi/Aoyagi Ritsuka/Aoyagi Seimei
I really like the cat ears, but am also down for fic where Ritsuka no longer has his ears, whether or not he loses them on-screen. (I'd prefer Ritsuka be at least 14 before anything more than making out or over-the-clothes bad-touching from Seimei.)
I see Soubi/Ritsuka as fluffy, angsty, hesitant, gentle, rough, dubcon, or any combination of the above! There are a lot of different routes you could sell me on. I do like mutual caretaking and hurt/comfort for them :) In terms of power dynamics, I'm really interested in Soubi's desire/need to submit, and how that meshes very messily with the fact that in this relationship, he's still the adult putting his leash in Ritsuka's hand. Ritsuka really isn't equipped to deal with Soubi's issues (and neither, of course, is Soubi).
Meanwhile, Seimei/Ritsuka goes way darker into dubcon territory. Seimei is pretty creepy and controlling, and Ritsuka's so desperate for his love and attention. Seimei demands complete devotion, and sometimes Ritsuka seems willing to give that.
In a situation with the three of them -- Seimei is very cold, but he does treat Ritsuka as exceptional. And he's happy to use Soubi and Ritsuka against each other.
- Prompt 1: I'd love to see Soubi and Ritsuka working through the aftermath of a battle -- maybe it dredged up some painful memories for either of them, maybe there's more physical hurt/comfort, maybe a spell had some lingering aftereffects (could be angsty aftereffects! could be porny aftereffects! dealer's choice!). Could also work for bad-wrong hurt/comfort with Seimei/Ritsuka or Seimei/Ritsuka/Soubi.
- Prompt 2: Somehow (AU where Soubi never shows up for Rituska?) Ritsuka ends up on the run and in hiding with Seimei. Maybe Seimei brought him with him when he originally left, or he comes back for him later. What do they get up to in hiding together? Does Seimei teach Ritsuka how to act as a Sacrifice (maybe using Nisei to practice on Ritsuka)? Would work for easily Seimei/Ritsuka or Seimei/Ritsuka/Soubi -- or even Soubi/Ritsuka, with them finding companionship in Seimei's shadow.
- Prompt 3: Something a little more lighthearted! Celebrating a holiday or birthday or other special event. Dressing up, making memories, showing affection, getting flustered. Possibly a tinge of sadness that some people aren't there to celebrate too.
- 707 | Luciel Choi/Jumin Han
- 707 | Luciel Choi/Saeran Choi
- 707 | Luciel Choi/V
- 707 | Luciel Choi/Zen | Hyun Ryu
I love the texting and bantering and bickering and the wacky party guests and the rare potato chips. And as is my usual visual novel style, I've ended up shipping the love interests with each other more than with the main character.
I love how intense each of them is about their work, and how they each have their quirks. They're very independent, and I don't think many of them would have been drawn together without Rika's influence forming the RFA. I like the intensity and the rough edges, and don't want things to get too sweet too quickly. But the mutual protective impulses are A++.
Jumin and Seven have this pigtail-pulling thing going on over Elizabeth. V and Seven have a very close connection and share a lot of secrets, but there's a difference in authority and control that I see frustrating Seven a lot. Seven and Zen's friendship with mutual caretaking is very nice, with Zen wanting Seven to eat better and Seven helping Zen out in his own not-quite-legal ways. And damn, Seven and Saeran hit all my dysfunctional twincest buttons. There's so much tangled up between them, and cutting through it will be painful, but worth it if they can get to the core feelings.
I've finished the five main routes. Haven't played any of the post-ending extras, but don't worry about spoiling anything ;) I'm really down for whichever route you want to follow if you write canon-era fic. You're also welcome to mix and match events from different routes -- for example, if you have Elizabeth go missing and Zen gets slandered by Echo Girl, while MC hooks up with Jaehee in the background. Follow your inspiration and do whatever works best for your story :D
Notes: For V/Seven, please don't set the fic while he's still together with Rika.
If you're writing canon-era or post-canon fic and want to include the MC, I'm open to any name and appearance for her. Depending on which of my requested ships you're writing, I like her ending up with Jaehee, Zen, or Seven. (or nobody works too!)
- Prompt 1: Someone, anyone, is wearing cat ears.
- Prompt 2: Something along the lines of Jumin's canon route, except he's getting neurotically possessive/over-protective over Seven instead of the MC.
- Prompt 3: V wants Seven to pose for a sensual, romantic photo shoot. Clothes optional, depending on what you want to write!
- Prompt 4: Something unexpected happens between one of the ships at one of the RFA parties! Could be a hook-up, could be a surprise kiss, could be a drunken confession? Either a pre-canon party, or the Day 11 party at the end of the game? Could be fumbling in a dark corner, or embarrassingly public? Dealer's choice ;)
- Prompt 5: Jumin needs a guest for a fancy business event. Or Zen needs a guest for a fancy theater event. They ask Seven. Neither of them is sure if it's a date, but they really really want it to be.
- Prompt 6: Have fun with the chatroom and messaging format! Flirting over text, sending each other photos, sexting, etc. (Bonus if it's a prelude to meeting up in person after a day or week or so of driving each other crazy) (with Saeran in particular I could see it starting out as taunting and then getting more flirty...)
- Prompt 7: Seven and Saeran end up on the run together after the events of the game -- possibly one holding the other captive? or working together -- and struggling through memories and feelings, and being just generally possessive and desperate.
- Prompt 8: Mission gone awry, sex pollen style: Seven gets dosed with an aphrodisiac by a *handwave* shady villain. Other character in the ship is stuck dealing with him ;) Or another character does, and Seven has to take care of them ;)
So apparently I didn't skip my Naruto phase. I just delayed it. We can blame the Crunchyroll free trial I forgot to cancel. I had to make the most of my accidental subcription somehow.
The melodrama and tragedy and humor and character designs and child soldiers and intense weird relationships of various flavors and 500 onsen episodes all really work for me. Looking at my requests, you may be able to discern my favorite character.
I adore him, murderously poor coping skills and all. I like fic that taps into vulnerabilities without handwaving the whole ruthless child murderer backstory thing. Explore how far he's grown emotionally, and how far he still has to go.
With Naruto, I love how deeply invested they are in each other. The saving-Gaara arc was extremely good to me. (I wonder if anyone told Gaara how much Naruto cried over him?) As of the point I've gotten to, they've mostly only seen each other in very high-stakes situations -- it would be interesting to how they interact in more casual scenarios. Getting to know each other, etc.
I also started hardcore shipping Kankurou with Gaara during the saving-Gaara arc. He was just so intense about going after him -- and standing up for him when the rest of the council didn't want to rescue him. I liked the bits we got about Kankurou clearing out potential threats when Gaara became Kazekage. He and Temari both became Gaara's staunchest supporters, after being basically on "try not to let him murder people" duty when we first met them. I want to see that reliance and affection taken to the next level.
I'll confess that Kakashi/Gaara started as "well, I fucking love Gaara, and I fucking love Kakashi, so..." But I am seriously down for however you want to take this. They could work surprisingly well together, or be a total trainwreck. They've both got violent, lonely pasts, and various flavors of daddy issues. I'm very interested in them having to work together professionally, and taking things from there.
Note: I will have gotten through at least Shippuden episode 200 by reveals. And don't kill me, but I'd prefer no spoilers for future events. Incorporating information about backstories that's revealed later in the anime/manga is fine, but not "what happens next in the narrative present." I hope that makes sense. If it doesn't make sense, or if you have any questions about my Naruto preferences/knowledge/etc, you can ask mornelithe_falconsbane for help. They know everything.
- Prompt 1: Someone is trying to assassinate Gaara! So the assassins must be stopped. And Gaara has to be protected, even though he'd rather just deal with them on his own -- people are sensitive about that after he's already been kidnapped and murdered once. Feel free to take this into political intrigue or action, or just focus on the iddy hurt/comfort and bodyguarding elements. (Or all of it. All of it is good.)
- Prompt 2: Anything dealing with Gaara adjusting to life post-Shukaku would make me very, very happy. Figuring out what elements of him were the demon's influence, and what was him all along. Any physical differences in stamina or sensation. Actually sleeping. Dealing with feelings and connections when he's used to isolation.
- Prompt 3: Any sex pollen/aphrodisiac scenario you can think of, I'm there. Enemy jutsu has everyone horny? Someone spiked the punch at the diplomatic banquet? Gaara has a collection of succulents and one of them has Special Properties? The wildlife just gets weird sometimes? Bonus points if Gaara loses his virginity in the most overwhelming way possible.
Everyone in Togainu no Chi is driven by their obsessions; Shiki’s obsessed with killing Nano, and Rin’s obsessed with killing Shiki. I’m interested in exploring how the brothers relate to each other in conflicting and reflecting ways.
If they were somehow forced to work together after the game, I think they could perhaps find an uneasy ceasefire. They share a lot of experiences and they’re both frighteningly competent; they can see the value in each other’s skills even if they want each other dead.
Note: Rin’s age is vague enough that I don’t want any smut set pre-game.
- Prompt 1: With Akira away with one of the other LIs, and Toshima crumbling on the brink of war, Rin and Shiki realize they’re both too injured/weak/lost/whatever to escape on their own. They have no choice but to work together if they want to survive.
- Prompt 2: Alternate version of Shiki’s bad endings where he doesn’t kill Rin mid-game – and instead, Rin ends up taking Akira’s role. I’m very interested in both Bad End 1 (Shiki is an insane, tyrannical drug lord and Rin is his slutty sex slave) or Bad End 2 (Shiki is a slightly less insane military tyrant and Rin is his devoted second in command).
- Prompt 3: Shiki decides that instead of avoiding Rin, the best way to fuck with him is to actually fuck him. Rin decides he may as well let himself be seduced – he wants Shiki’s attention, after all, and what better way to discover his brother’s vulnerabilities? Cue the rough and dirty Igura-era mutual manipulation sex.