Dear Chocolate Box Creator,
Thank you so much for offering one or more of my ships! I love all of these ships very dearly, and I’m so super excited to see what you come up with.
Rest assured that as long as you use a few of my Likes and stay away from my DNWs, chances are I’m going to love my gift. Feel free to use one of my prompts, take only part of a prompt, repurpose a prompt from one canon to fit another, work off any of my general preferences, or just follow your own inspiration.
If you’d like clarification on anything, I’m happy to answer any questions sent via the mod!
0. General Preferences
1. Dragon Age – All Media Types
2. The Goblin Emperor – Katherine Addison
3. Togainu no Chi (Visual Novel)
4. Vampire Chronicles – Anne Rice
I like fic of all lengths, so go where the story takes you! Past and present tense are both cool too. I tend to like emotionally tense get-together fics and/or complicated hook-ups rather than pure fluff or established relationships. The tension can be due to dynamics between the characters, external forces, or both. Basically, I’m a hurt/comfort junkie, and the “hurt,” whether physical or emotional, is just as important as the “comfort.”
I’m happy with any rating from General Audiences to Explicit. Plot is awesome, plot with porn is awesome, porn without plot is awesome. If you do feel inclined to get smutty, I’m on-board for anal, oral, frottage, handjobs, only one person getting off – all of these definitely count as “real sex” in my book. For on-screen anal, I do prefer that my faves bottom (Fenris, Maia, Rin, Armand).
- Age differences
- Brave, silent suffering until another character realizes something’s wrong
- Canon divergence AUs
- Certain A/B/O tropes: claiming, heats, knotting
- Character studies, introspection
- Cum inflation
- Dubcon, manipulation, complicated feelings
- Emotional and/or physical hurt/comfort
- Hand-holding, casual touches, tenderness
- Happy or ambiguous endings
- Huddling for warmth, locked in a closet, enforced proximity scenarios
- Insomnia, nightmares
- Loyalty and protectiveness
- Overworking, undereating, self-care failures due to stress
- Praise kink
- Rough sex, hair-pulling, bite-marks, bruises
- Sex pollen, fuck or die, desperation scenarios
- Size kink – both the size difference and the massive dick kind
Do Not Want
- Certain A/B/O tropes: mpreg, slick
- Extreme underage (15+ is fine!)
- First or second person POV
- Main character death, gore, permanent maiming/incapacitation**
- Main ships with OCs (side character OCs are fine!)
- Pregnancy, children
- Scat, watersports, emetophilia
- Setting-change AUs, role-reversal AUs, gender identity AUs
*Exception: For TGE, you don’t have to break off Maia’s betrothal to Csethiro; just don’t make it a focal point.
**Exceptions: For TnC, Rin can lose his leg like in canon. For DA, Lavellan can lose his arm like in canon.
Request 1: Dragon Age – All Media Types
Okay, so I’m not even going to say how many hours of the last year I’ve spent playing all three games. I’ll just say: I like complicated characters struggling to find something to hold onto during insane, world-changing events. This is my fandom with the most ships, so I’m going to separate this section out a bit by clusters.
DAO Ships :
Zevran Arainai/Male Mahariel
Zevran Arainai/Male Surana
Zevran Arainai/Male Tabris
My fave Wardens are Tabris, Mahariel, and Surana. (…I really like elves, okay!) I tend to prefer personalities on the diplomatic-to-snarky spectrum rather than straight-up aggressive. As far as names go, I prefer using just their last names. Other than that, I’m totally on board to learn all about the Warden you want to write…
…so long as he’s getting it on with Zevran! Zevran defies expectations, for good or ill, and in a romance with the Warden he finds himself capable of emotions he never imagined wanting, much less having. He has a convenient way of smooth-talking defeat into victory, and a refreshing shamelessness. He’s got tons of confidence and experience going into bed, but once things get emotional he starts needing more support.
- Prompt 1: Zevran and the Warden live very dangerous lives. I’d love to see them get into a near-miss scenario where one gets injured; blood loss, staggering to safety, having the other frantically patch him up until they can get to the healer, etc. Can be at any point in the game, or a post-game adventure.
- Prompt 2: I’d love to get some sort of “first time” between these two. Not necessarily the first time they kiss, or the first time they have sex (though I wouldn’t say no to either of those). Maybe the first time they sleep in the same tent after fucking; maybe the first time Zevran breaks out the sex toys; maybe the first time they try bondage, D/s, sex magic from Surana, etc. Maybe the first time the POV character realizes this is something more than a series of one-night stands. Anything – just, a moment of change or newness that they meet together.
So, Fenris is pretty much my DA fandom bicycle, as you can probably tell /o\ His unique brand of humor, anger, severity, and vulnerability make for a very interesting dynamic with a wide range of other characters.
With Fenris/Anders, I prefer they don’t get quite as vicious with each other as they sometimes do in canon – but I’m a total sucker for enemies-to-lovers, so I’m definitely not looking for uncharacteristic sweetness. I really enjoy fic where Anders’ nature as a healer wins out over his enmity, and he takes care of Fenris in some way.
I’m a fan of Fenris/Cullen either during DA2 or with Fenris somehow meeting up with the Inquisition. They’re both very principled characters, and I can see them really connecting as they try to do the right thing. Cullen’s more of a strategist/leader while Fenris just charges in, so that’s an interesting dynamic to play with too. Also interested to see if Fenris’s tattoos have any interaction with Cullen’s addiction.
Fenris/Dorian – like I said, I’m into enemies-to-lovers, but here I see the enmity likely to be one-sided. Fenris has no reason to like or trust Dorian; Dorian has no reason to dislike Fenris. Dorian’s very driven to improve his homeland and remedy its wrongs, and I think he could see helping Fenris somehow as a symbolic opportunity. Fenris is also more secure in his freedom by the end of DA2 than ten years previously; how does that affect his interactions with the magister?
Fenris/Sebastian is another match of two strongly principled characters, and they both struggle with control over their lives. Fenris is fighting to understand his freedom after a life as a slave, while Sebastian is fighting to restrain himself after his life of debauchery. I’m very on-board for Sebastian, ah, breaking his vows with Fenris – but I don’t think it would be an easy choice for him, y’know?
Note – I do not want any AUs where the other character in the ship owns Fenris as a slave, or where Fenris owns them.
- Prompt 1: The group encounters a Templar or mage who figures out how to manipulate Fenris’s tattoos and control his body – something he’d thought only Danarius could do. The rest of the party kills the enemies, but Fenris is left severely shaken and needs help pulling himself together again.
- Prompt 2: I’ll never get enough of Fenris overcoming his touch aversion to realize how much he really craves physical affection. Can be a “trapped in a tiny cold tent together” cuddling scenario, can be a “healing hands/much-needed massage” thing, can be “I always roll over and go straight to sleep after sex but this time I had a nightmare and need to be hugged forever” situation. Or another angle you’d like to go with!
- Prompt 3: Double-dubcon Fade shenanigans! Two characters end up stuck in the same little bubble of the Fade. They both think they’re dreaming, Desire Demon does its subtle sex pollen thing, and they have sex – then they realize it really was the other person.
Male Lavellan/Cullen Rutherford
Three cheers for noncanon slash ships! I adore the canon M/M romances, but am hoping in this exchange to see a little bit of what canon didn’t give me. Male Lavellan is my fave Inquisitor for, uh, much the same reasons as I discussed re: the Warden. I’m totally down for any Inquisitor personality. I have a slight preference for rogues or warriors over mage Inquisitors. Like with the Warden, just call him Lavellan :)
Blackwall/Lavellan is like, the iddiest thing ever to me. Gruff bearded human with slender, pretty elf – sign me up! I’m really interested in his arc, too, and I’d be happy with fic set during the game or post-game. And, um, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t interested in that Gray Warden stamina.
I see a romance with Cullen going much the same way as the canon romance with Cullen; I love, love, love the loyalty!kink and protective aspects of his personality. I’m also very interested in his struggle with control over his addiction.
Any relationship with Solas has to have some weird power dynamics – which I’m 100% in favor of. He’s hiding the fact that he’s literally a god and wants to destroy the world! Not the foundation of a healthy relationship. You’re welcome to either revel in the fucked-upness, or explore the moments where they do connect on a more equal level – I’m on board for all of that.
- Prompt 1: If you want to get pornographic here, how about sex in a location very specific to the love interest? I’m sure Cullen and Lavellan could make excellent use of the Commander’s desk. Blackwall and Lavellan could go for a rumble in the hay. And maybe dream!sex with Solas?
- Prompt 2: Or maybe some classic, exhausted hurt/comfort. Lavellan has an absolutely shitty day out in the field, comes back to Skyhold and has to keep it together by the skin of his teeth through war table meetings and talks with advisors and companions, having to hide just how messed up he is all day long – and then finally getting to let go with his love interest.
Request 2: The Goblin Emperor – Katherine Addison
Csevet Aisava/Maia Drazhar
Csevet Aisava/Cala Athmaza/Deret Beshelar/Maia Drazhar
Cala Athmaza/Deret Beshelar/Maia Drazhar
I’m fascinated by the negotiation of private and public life in this book, and how constrained Maia is by his power. I’m particularly interested in the constraints Maia places on himself in addition to those prescribed by law and custom.
I love Csevet both in his supportive/loyalty!kink relationship to Maia and in his own right. He’s exceptionally clever and competent, While at the beginning of the book Maia sees him as the perfect, proper elven courier, by mid-book he’s stammering about having enough privacy for his needs, blushing every other chapter, and I swear he was about to cry after Maia was kidnapped.
Especially post-Yuletide, I’m also really interested in Cala and Beshelar, and their evolving dynamics with each other, their positions as nohecharei, and with Maia. The protective loyalty!kink is amazing – as is the unsubtly voyeuristic nature of their relationship to Maia. It’s an incredibly intimate relationship already, and taking it to sexual intimacy seems a natural (though emotionally fraught!) next step. I’m 100% down for both of them getting together with Maia – or getting into a complicated OT4 with Csevet, too!
I really need a happy ending in this canon. They’re all so precious and they just try so fucking hard; no matter what happens over the course of the fic, I need them to end up okay. Doesn’t have to be perfect, but hopeful and okay at least.
Also, I love the whole expressive ear movements thing – it’s adorable beyond words.
- Prompt 1: Maia’s overworking, undereating, and not getting enough sleep by far. One day he’s finally pushed himself too far – he gets through the day’s work, but when he’s back at the Alcethmeret he faints. Cue comfort, caretaking, and scolding from Csevet, Cala and Beshelar, or all of the above!
- Prompt 2: Setheris’s abuse of Maia was sexual as well. A few months into Maia’s reign, he drunkenly sends a letter that gives Maia flashbacks (possibly also nightmares later?). Csevet, Cala and Beshelar, or all of the above comfort him. Alternative version: Setheris shows up in person and assaults Maia again; then protective comfort ensues.
- Prompt 3: AU where everything’s the same except goblins go into heat starting in their mid-teens. Half-goblins sometimes do, sometimes don’t. Since Maia gets through the critical years without having one, he assumes it’s not something he has to worry about – until one night in the Alcethmeret he wakes with the overwhelming need for sex. Csevet, Cala, and Beshelar have to figure out what to do. (Like the other prompts, this could work with any of my requested ships!) (Note – I’d prefer if this was something they could contain between the four of them, maybe just clueing Kiru and Telimezh in as well. So the rest of court doesn’t know about Maia’s heats.)
Request 3: Togainu no Chi (Visual Novel)
This is a rough canon, and I’m definitely not anticipating fluff here. These are broken people in a broken world. All the characters in Togainu no Chi are driven by their obsessions; Shiki’s obsessed with killing Nano, and Rin’s obsessed with killing Shiki. I’m interested in exploring how the brothers relate to each other in conflicting and reflecting ways – Rin’s chase of Shiki is a clear mirror of Shiki’s chase of Nano.
If they were somehow forced to work together after the game, I think they could perhaps find an uneasy ceasefire. They share a lot of experiences and they’re both frighteningly competent; they can see the value in each other’s skills even if they want each other dead.
One note – Rin’s age is vague enough in the game that I don’t really want anything pornographic set pre-game, just because that might put him too young for my comfort levels. Other Note – I haven’t seen the anime, so hopefully the AO3 categories worked as intended and we matched on the VN :)
- Prompt 1: With Akira away with one of the other LIs, and Toshima crumbling on the brink of war, Rin and Shiki realize they’re both too injured/weak/lost/whatever to escape on their own. They have no choice but to work together if they want to survive.
- Prompt 2: Let’s suppose an alternate version of Shiki’s bad endings where he doesn’t kill Rin mid-game – and instead, Rin ends up taking Akira’s role. I’m very interested in both Bad End 1 (Shiki is an insane, tyrannical drug lord and Rin is his slutty sex slave) or Bad End 2 (Shiki is a slightly less insane military tyrant and Rin is his devoted second in command).
- Prompt 3: Shiki decides that instead of avoiding Rin, the best way to fuck with him is to actually fuck him. Rin decides he may as well let himself be seduced – he wants Shiki’s attention, after all, and what better way to discover his brother’s vulnerabilities? Cue the rough and dirty Igura-era mutual manipulation sex.
Request 4: Vampire Chronicles – Anne Rice
Armand/Lestat de Lioncourt
Armand/Louis de Pointe du Lac
Armand/Lestat de Lioncourt/Louis de Pointe du Lac
I love the sheer intensity of emotion each of these characters has. When they form connections they do so wholeheartedly. Armand is an eternal teenager – intelligent and refined by the centuries, but still impulsive and sometimes lost. Lestat never quite lost his aristocratic arrogance, and it can be difficult to get past his bold enthusiasm to see his struggles with morality. Well-meaning Louis is possibly best-known for his decades of introspection and brooding; he has a tendency to escape problems rather than solving them.
They’ve all been in and out of obsession with each other over the centuries, and they aren’t always <i>kind</i> to each other. Armand having Claudia executed comes to mind, and of course Louis’s on-again, off-again disgust with Lestat. As vampires they have a long (and long-suffering) view of morality, and I like seeing how they can mesh together despite or because of their complicated history.
I’m open to various degrees of “healthy” relationships in this fandom. Dubcon, manipulation, and mutual manipulation are all welcome. But I’m also very down for realizing how much they really mean to each other, comfort, and caretaking.
Note – I’ve only read through The Vampire Armand, and I’d prefer fic set before the modern-day plot events (mostly I’m just not as interested in the various human characters). I’m not sure what Anne Rice’s current stance is on vampire sex mechanics; go ahead and hand-wave it so everything works as it should ;)
- Prompt 1: Armand demands that Lestat and/or Louis go with him for a night out, so he can see an R-rated movie (or get into some sort of a club?). Because although he’s 500 years old and was turned when he was 17, he always looked young for his age and needs to be accompanied by someone who clearly looks like an adult.
- Prompt 2: One of the vampires is held captive by one or more of the other requested characters. Maybe Lestat needs Armand’s ancient blood. Maybe Louis’s trying to walk into the sun and Armand’s keeping him trapped for his own good. Maybe it’s a sex thing. Can be chains; can be a locked room; can be just a touch of mind control – enough to keep the captive in compliant while still aware of what’s happening.
- Prompt 3: One of the requested characters gets drugged – maybe accidentally drinking some bad blood, or maybe targeted by some sort of witchcraft. Delirious and horny, he ends up on another of the requested characters’ doorstep. The other vampire feels obliged to help out, even if helping doesn’t quite go as planned.