I'm so excited to kick off the Yuletide season, and I hope you are too! This exchange is one of my favorite events of the year.
Feel free to adapt one of my prompts, work off any of my Likes, or ignore the prompts and follow your own inspiration. I'm in this for fanworks about my faves! The prompts are just there in case you like prompts, and they don't necessarily cover the full scope of my interests.
If you’d like clarification on anything, I’m happy to answer any questions sent via the mods. I've also requested all of these fandoms except Shadowscapes Tarot before -- if you feel like browsing my past letters, they're all tagged.
- 0. General Preferences
- 1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- 2. Karneval
- 3. Night Sun Tarot Deck
- 4. The Royal Tutor
- 5. Shadowscapes Tarot
- 6. Togainu no Chi
Length-wise, go wherever the story takes you! I'm seriously good with anything, from 1000 words on up. Past and present tense are both cool too. I'd be super into interactive fiction if you want to go there.
I'm happy with any rating from General Audience to Explicit. I'm primarily a slash fan and I've listed preferred ships per fandom. That being said, I've requested character sets that I'd be happy to see a wide range of stories for! And I intend most of my prompts and general likes to be interpreted as either shippy or gen :)
More than anything else, I’m a hurt/comfort junkie. Emotional and physical h/c are both catnip to me, whether it's the focus of the fic or just touches of it worked in. I also prefer emotionally tense get-together fics and/or complicated hook-ups rather than pure domestic fluff or established relationships. The tension can be due to dynamics between the characters, external forces, or both. (Depending on the ship, love and tenderness are A++! Picking out curtains and crying through a proposal, though, are not my thing.)
If you want to get smutty, I’m on-board for anal, oral, frottage, handjobs, only one person getting off. For on-screen anal specifically, I prefer that my faves bottom. (Faves would be: Link, Gareki, Night Sun Page of Swords, Licht, Leo, Shadowscapes Seven and Nine of Swords, and Rin.) (Note that I'm good either way for LeoLicht and Shadowscapes Seven/Nine - they're co-faves ^^ Also no preferences for the non-page Night Sun ships.) My Smut Swap letters are still relevant, if you want tables and tables of my favorite kinks.
- Age differences
- Bondage, blindfolds (whether for smut or non-smut reasons)
- Brave, silent suffering until another character realizes something’s wrong
- Canon divergence AUs
- Catboy AUs
- Characters being super aware of each other
- Cum inflation
- Drinking games; drunk decisions in general
- Dubcon, manipulation, complicated feelings
- Emotional and/or physical hurt/comfort
- Hand-holding, casual touches, non-casual emotionally fraught touches, tenderness
- Happy or ambiguous endings
- Huddling for warmth, locked in a closet, enforced proximity scenarios
- Incorporating the canon magic system, if there is one; worldbuilding with the game mechanics in video game fandoms
- Insomnia, nightmares
- Loyalty and protectiveness
- Omegaverse (especially claiming, heats, and knotting. Slick's fine as long as it isn't excessive/soaking through clothing.)
- Overworking, intentional or accidental undereating, self-care failures due to stress
- Pining (if eventually resolved)
- Praise kink
- Rough sex, hair-pulling, bite-marks, bruises, breath play, spanking
- Rough treatment in general - manhandling, bruises, choking are all good outside smut too
- Sex pollen, fuck or die, desperation scenarios
- Size kink – both the size difference and the massive dick kind
- Tarot imagery
Do Not Want
- Animal harm/death
- Extreme underage (14+ is fine)
- First or second person POV
- Infidelity, main ships breaking up*
- Main character death, graphic gore, permanent maiming/incapacitation**
- Pregnancy, requested characters as parents
- Scat, watersports, emetophilia, rimming, sounding
- Setting-change AUs, role-reversal AUs, gender identity AUs
*Infidelity Exception: If relevant, The Emperor can be married to The Empress in Shadowscapes; just don't dwell on it. Normalized sleeping around while politically married is fine with me.
**Maiming exception: Rin can lose his leg like in canon.
Apparently if someone says "by the way, sharks have two dicks," I will reflexively pull out my wallet. Luckily, I am having so much fun with this game above and beyond the shark dicks -- it's so beautiful! I love flying and cooking and taming horses and playing dress-up with Link.
Link is brave and adorable, and of course I want both wonderful and terrible things to happen to him. I'm cool with him either speaking or not in the fic!
I also love Sidon a lot! He's so enthusiastic and cheerful, and has no doubt that Link will survive the scores of awful enemies awaiting down that road over there :D I like a fluffier dynamic for them than I usually am into -- possibly because the whole interspecies size difference thing makes it work that much better. That being said, I'd love emphasis on differences between their cultures and experiences -- both in terms of species and era.
For Sidon/Link smut, I strongly prefer that Sidon have two dicks. I am equally happy without smut, though, in which case you wouldn't have to specify Sidon's dick situation in any way.
Note: I'm not quite done with the game as of letter-writing -- I keep getting distracted with cooking and dress-up -- but I will be done by reveals!
- Prompt 1: Have fun with the weather! Link shivering in the cold or panting in the heat are both great options.
- Prompt 2: Swimming and diving with Sidon! Maybe Sidon's teaching him how to swim properly with his cool new Zora armor. And then maybe fucking on the rocks beneath Zora's Domain.
- Prompt 3: Sidon spots some mysterious sheer silky fabric in Link's stuff, and pulls out his Gerudo outfit. Then he persuades Link to put it on and show off for him. (how long it stays on is up to you...)
- Prompt 4: Sex pollen! Maybe Link and Sidon discover a new magical pond or field of magic flowers or something.
- Prompt 5: Post-game, maybe they celebrate by taking a relaxing (or not so relaxing) trip to a beautiful tropical island. Lazing around shirtless on the beach all day is always fun.
This canon is such fluffy id candy! All adorable animals and frothy circus costumes and cuddly friendships and human experimentation and slavery and child soldiers -- what more can you ask for, really.
Hirato/Gareki is my favorite Karneval pairing, and I just really want more fic for their dynamic, whether or not it's shipfic! I'm such a sucker for Gareki's angry woobie backstory, and I'm 100% here for the reluctant mentorship thing he's got going on with Hirato. Hirato teasing and flustering him is excellent -- as is the more serious, gradual trust-building. I like Hirato's initial interest in Gareki growing as he sees his potential, and Gareki grumpily (and without necessarily realizing it) learning that maybe this is a place he can belong and a cause he can fight for beyond himself. Trust issues and rough adjustment periods and communication issues are all A+.
Note: I've recently rewatched the anime but am not caught up on the manga. That being said, feel free to work from either version of canon! I intend to catch up by reveals :)
- Prompt 1: An experiment gone wrong. Could be something sexy (oh no! sex pollen!) or something more in the whump/hurt-comfort range -- Gareki has a bad reaction to some medical treatment. Or Nai has a bad reaction to some medical treatment (fixable! please don't permanently hurt Nai, haha) and Gareki is furious and terrified at Hirato.
- Prompt 2: Either Hirato or Gareki gets captured by Varuga. They're rescued... eventually.
- Prompt 3: Private magic training tutoring sessions! Whether they stay on-topic is up to you.
- Prompt 4: Catboy AU or Omegaverse where Gareki goes into heat for the first time.
- Prompt 5: I'm really into all the costumes and outfits! Hirato's suit and gloves, Gareki's goggles and layers and that one frankly ridiculous shoulder-baring shirt... So, anything clothing-kinky would be great by me. so
Knight of Wands
Three of Pentacles
Three of Swords
Page of Swords
I love this deck's intensity and intricacy, and I'm all about the dark-fantasy atmosphere. The reviews at The Invisible Muse and benebell wen highlight a lot of what drew me to this deck, and they have pictures of most of the cards! I’ve also linked to the images of my requested cards below, and typed up the “suggested meanings” for each from the Night Sun Tarot’s Little White Book (LWB).
The precise scope of canon is up to you. You can base fic solely on the images of my requested cards; you can use the imagery in the entire deck + the hierarchical structure of tarot for worldbuilding; you can use the traditional meanings of various cards to develop characterization. You can give the characters names, or sidestep the question with titles.
Knight of Wands [image]
This card is simpler than many of the others, but so dramatic. (Depending on your screen, it might not show as well, but the colors are very vivid in person.) He's the only one in the entire Wands suit actively wielding a flaming wand. He's lighting up a dark space even as he himself appears almost formed from shadows.
LWB Notes: Creative/sexual centre. Fire. Adventurer, channeled instinct, departure, breaking, postponement. (Knights in general – new dimension, passage, fervor.)
Three of Pentacles [image]
I’m not quite sure what exactly the Three of Pentacles is doing here (purposeful gesture and intense expression leads to circles behind a cube inside a triangle inside three pentacle coins? Witchcraft!!) but I’d love to find out. But seriously, I'm intrigued by how strong the emotional/human element and the sacred geometry elements both are in this card.
LWB Notes: Material Centre. Earth. Expansion, success, perseverance, immaturity, incapacity. (Threes in general – action, creativity, first step without a precise direction, changeability.)
Three of Swords [image]
These two show up in a few different cards -- I found this iteration particularly striking. I'd be interested in takes where these are two distinct characters sharing the Three of Swords role, or a scenario where they're two aspects of the same person. (In the latter, I'd rather avoid a simplistic "good vs. bad" dichotomy.) They each have a sword, and they're divided -- but there's a third sword coming between them. Are they fighting each other or the third force? Do they know?
LWB Notes: Intellectual centre. Air. Saturn/Libra. New ideas, departure, regrets, loss, distancing. (Threes in general – action, creativity, first step without a precise direction, changeability.)
Page of Swords [image]
I’m fascinated by this kid with a sword. He’s so still and focused. What’s he doing out there without shoes? Why is he covering his mouth? It almost looks like he’s been hit, or he’s trying to stay quiet. Also I really dig his cape.
LWB Notes: Intellectual centre. Air. Perseverance, observation, prudence, hesitation, unforeseen events. (Pages in general – uncertainty between actions and stagnation, a path towards maturity, gestation.)
Ships: I’m most interested in any combination between my requested cards! Enthusiastically including any potential threesome, foursome, or fivesome, depending on how you count the Three of Swords ;) I'm also interested in Three of Swords/Three of Swords. Romantic, just-physical, complicated, dubcon, or noncon dynamics welcome.
Note: You're welcome to use any two of the requested cards instead of all four, depending on what suits the fic.
- Prompt 1: The Knight of Wands is a natural adventurer -- I'm interested in situations where he might be constrained. Maybe he's part of a delegation to the Court of Swords or Pentacles and has to be on his best behavior during negotiations -- where he meets the Page of Swords, Three of Swords, and/or the Three of Pentacles. Or maybe in some sort of relationship, there's tension between his own passion and the other's less reckless/adventurous nature.
- Prompt 2: The Three of Pentacles can represent teamwork and competence. I envision the Night Sun world with some conflict & tension between the four different suits -- I'd love to see the Three of Pentacles having to work together with one of the other cards even though they're from different factions. Enemies to lovers, enemies to friends, enemies to uneasy allies, it's all good.
- Prompt 3: The Three of Swords is pretty much my emotional whump card here. Heartbreak, loneliness, betrayal! One thing I'd love is a "former partners having to work together years after painful betrayal" thing. If there's secret pining involved, so much the better. Any of the other cards could fit well -- or not so well -- into that dynamic.
- Prompt 4: As an "observer," and with so much space around him, I see the Page of Swords as someone who stays on the edges of things. A witness. It could be interesting to push him into involvement instead of just observation. Maybe he's the last survivor of the group he was with, and has to find new allies (any of the other cards) to carry out his mission. Maybe they were thrown together on the quest in the first place. Maybe the page is carrying a message and something goes wrong -- he's taken captive by the Knight of Wands, or walks in on whatever geometric magic Three of Pentacles is concocting.
Licht von Granzreich
Leonhard von Granzreich
Eins von Granzreich
I watched this very quickly, and fell very quickly in love. The princes are all so sweet and ridiculous, but there's also a lot of darkness and intrigue going on with the underlying politics.
Leonhard and Licht are my faves. I love Leonhard's enthusiasm and naivete, as well as his tsundere attitude. Licht's flirty playboy attitude is kind of hilarious, but I also really enjoy him making real connections with people.
I've only watched the anime, so I don't know if Eins gets more development in the manga -- but in the anime, he's a very mysterious figure, defined more by his absence than presence. And then he shows up very briefly, but he's tall and hot and clearly has plans in motion that he doesn't need Rosenberg's interference for (basically calls him to heel, lol) -- so I'm sold :D
With this set of characters, I'm hoping for something a bit darker, perhaps exploring some of the political machinations either canon-era or post-canon. I'm also down for badwrong shipfic, or fluffier incest with Licht and Leo.
Ships: Licht/Leo, Eins/Leo, Eins/Licht, Eins/Rosenberg/Leo, Eins/Rosenberg/Licht, Rosenberg/Leo, Rosenberg/Licht. I prefer romantic, just-physical, complicated dynamics with Licht/Leo, and just-physical, complicated, dubcon, or noncon dynamics for the others.
Note: I've finished the anime! Have not read the manga; don't worry about spoilers. You're also welcome to only use two or three of my requested characters, so long as one of the ones you use is Licht or Leo :)
- Prompt 1: Leonhard or Licht spends a few months visiting Eins at Schwarz Palace.
- Prompt 2: One or more of the brothers has a little too much to drink at a palance banquet or town festival-- drunken confessions and make-outs and general bad decisions ensue. Masquerade or costume party always a plus.
- Prompt 3: Leo of the brothers is having a rough day, so Licht drags them off for a fun night around town.
- Prompt 4: Licht sneaks into a fancy club or seedy bar, and runs into Count Rosenberg -- who either handles him himself, or drags him off to Eins for a talking-to, or something more ;)
- Prompt 5: A diplomatic visit abroad goes awry. Oh, no! They're injured and trapped in a remote cave or cottage. Whatever shall they do.
- Prompt 6: I'm particularly into praise kink for Leonhard, since he's so insecure in canon.
- Prompt 7: Someone gets dosed with sex pollen, accidentally or maliciously. Better take care of that in private, wouldn't want anyone else to know...
- Prompt 8: For the majority of the anime, I was convinced that Heine's secret past was that he was a demon. Clearly that turned out not to be the case, but if you want to incorporate some witchcraft or demonic happenings in the worldbuilding, that would be fine with me :)
Knight of Wands
Nine of Swords
Seven of Swords
This beautiful fairy tale dreamworld can be conveniently explored at the artist's website. You can find pictures of every card, along extra information and interpretations, at the site. Like with my Night Sun Tarot section above, I've also included the notes from the deck's Little White Book below.
Again, like with Night Sun, feel free to draw the boundaries of the canon wherever suits your muse! You can spin completely from the individual requested cards; worldbuild off the deck as a whole; delve into traditional meanings and readings for characterization. I'm very interested in the characters as fae/fair folk/etc rather than humans.
The Emperor [image + info]
I like the link between organic (tree roots!) and inorganic (carved stone!) here. And how the Emperor's holding one sphere and encompassed by another. I also like his horns, and considering that he's holding a dragon emblem thingy, I would not be opposed to him fully or partially transforming into a dragon. He's very imposing, but down-to-earth.
LWB Notes: Creating order out of chaos, authority, leadership, strength, establishing law and order. The Emperor is a man rooted in his ways and views and regimens but confident that this is the right way and structure of things.
Knight of Wands [image + info]
This card is just super cool! The warm tones are gorgeous, and the animals are so active and dynamic. I get a distinct sense of intelligence from the Knight's noble lion-steed. The Knight seems very well-traveled to me, like he's seen a lot -- but he's still ready for the next adventure.
LWB Notes: The Knight of Wands indicates change and progression toward a goal. He is an individual full of daring and passion.
Nine of Swords [image + info]
Hello, it's the sad woobie tarot card of my dreams! The card maintains an edge of light and possibility for optimism, but the Nine of Swords is looking up at the twisting storm. Maybe he wishes he could fly off with the birds? You could read fear or resignation there. The tattoos also interest me, if you want to do anything with that - and wings, sensitive wings are A+.
LWB Notes: Inner turmoil. It is a moment of vulnerability, with the soul laid bare to its own demons. Guilt and fear lock muscles into immobility.
Seven of Swords [image + info]
I love Seven's attitude in this -- such a cocky trickster. Very sneaky. I'm curious whether his mischief has a purpose beyond mischief. I like his wings, and how he's more obviously inhuman than many of the other cards.
LWB Notes: An attempt to escape responsibility. It is the thief who tries to make away with what is not his.
Ships: Any combination of the requested cards that includes the Seven and/or Nine of Swords! Threesomes and foursomes welcome. Romantic, just-physical, complicated, dubcon, or noncon relationships welcome for all ships.
Note: Feel free to include just two or three of the cards, rather than all four! I just ask that the Seven of Swords, the Nine of Swords, or both of them are among those you include in the story.
- Prompt 1: A demonstration of authority from the Emperor, please! Or some scenario where he's imposing order out of chaos -- the aftermath of war and treaties, a rebellious subject to be dealt with, a dispute to solve. I'm also really into court life power dynamics, and the hierarchy possibilities for Major vs. Minor Arcana are very interesting. Does the Emperor rule over the four suits? Is he a separate force? Is he some sort of deity? How would each of those play out in relation to the other requested cards?
- Prompt 2: The Knight of Wands rides the narrow edge between confidence and cockiness; passion and temper. I'm equally interested in him following the nobler side of his instincts, with feats of heroism and dashing rescues, and in him lashing out and fucking up. Put him on the road, with assigned companions or unexpected meetings along the way, and see where it takes him.
- Prompt 3: In case it isn't already apparent, vulnerability is narrative catnip to me. I'd love to see the Nine of Swords in an ongoing "damsel in distress" scenario -- maybe held captive by another suit, or lost on a solo quest, or he's been given a task he can't complete or doesn't believe in. Do any of the other characters offer help? If they do, is it in good faith or are they seeking another goal? Does Nine finally break and step forward?
- Prompt 4: The Seven of Swords steals something from another requested character. Or attempts to steal something. If he gets caught, what are the consequences? If he gets away, what are the repercussions? Does he steal from a friend or companion or enemy or stranger?
Everyone in Togainu no Chi is driven by their obsessions; Shiki’s obsessed with killing Nano, and Rin’s obsessed with killing Shiki. I’m interested in exploring how the brothers relate to each other in conflicting and reflecting ways.
If they were somehow forced to work together after the game, I think they could perhaps find an uneasy ceasefire. They share a lot of experiences and they’re both frighteningly competent; they can see the value in each other’s skills even if they want each other dead. And I do ship them, on a sliding scale from badwrong to worsewrong.
Note: Rin’s age is vague enough that I don’t want any smut set pre-game.
- Prompt 1: With Akira away with one of the other LIs, and Toshima crumbling on the brink of war, Rin and Shiki realize they’re both too injured/weak/lost/whatever to escape on their own. They have no choice but to work together if they want to survive.
- Prompt 2: Alternate version of Shiki’s bad endings where he doesn’t kill Rin mid-game – and instead, Rin ends up taking Akira’s role. I’m very interested in both Bad End 1 (Shiki is an insane, tyrannical drug lord and Rin is his slutty sex slave) or Bad End 2 (Shiki is a slightly less insane military tyrant and Rin is his devoted second in command).
- Prompt 3: Shiki decides that instead of avoiding Rin, the best way to fuck with him is to actually fuck him. Rin decides he may as well let himself be seduced – he wants Shiki’s attention, after all, and what better way to discover his brother’s vulnerabilities? Cue the rough and dirty Igura-era mutual manipulation sex.